Bis 17 Uhr bestellt, morgen geliefert (Montag bis Samstag)
Lieferung mit der schweizerischen Post
Joe's Dichtmittel ELITE RACER Sealant Dichtmittel
Im Lieferumfang enthalten
|125 ml||143g||CHF 9.90 / Stück||Lagerbestand 8|
|500 ml||559g||CHF 15.90 / Stück||Lagerbestand 4|
Weitere Produktangaben zu allen Artikeln
- Scientifically developed to meet the high demands of professional Mountain Bike racers.
- Instantly seals punctures in the tread up to 6 mm..
- Seals small slits faster and more permanently than any other sealant on the market.
- For use in tubeless tires, tubular and inner-tubes.
- For effective puncture resistance, add fresh sealant every 3-8 months.
- Designed specifically for Tubeless Ready and converted to Tubeless tires.
In order to understand how it works, we need to examine the two main components of the sealant. The first one is the milk, a white liquid (thats how it got its nickname), contains one or more dissolved rubbers in water. The other component is the sand which is a combination of small particles and fibers. The sand is solid and named like that by its look at the bottom of the bottle.
The idea behind many great inventions is simple and it is also true in this case. Inside the sealed tire the pressure is high (30-100 PSI) while the pressure outside the tire is lower (atmospheric pressure, 14.7 PSI), this differential pressure is the driven force of the sealing system. When a leak occurs because a sharp object (a nail for example) the high air pressure inside the tire pushes the sealant and the air through the hole. When the sealant arrive to the leaking hole the milk and the sand blocks it and seal it permanently.
For the sealant to work properly some conditions need to exist:
- Both components of the sealant must be inside the wheel in a proper ratio during all time.
- Proper amount of sealant per wheel.
- The air pressure inside the tire need to be between the right ranges.
- The operating temperature must be in the specific range of the product.
- The size of the holes in the tire must be between the smallest to the widest hole the sealant can seal.
- The sealant must reach to the air leaking hole.